The invasion of the Russian Federation in Ukraine has resulted in the loss of lives and destruction of infrastructure and has forced millions to flee from the war zone.
By March 14th 2022 over 2,8 million people have found refuge outside of Ukraine and many more have been displaced within its borders. The UNHCR estimates the total number of those forced to flee Ukraine may grow to 4 million.
On March 14, 2022 experts from Ukraine, Sweden and Poland discussed the consequences of the invasion for the Ukrainian population.
- Maciej Duszczyk (University of Warsaw)
- Hanna Vakhitova (Kyiv School of Economics)
- Jesper Roine (Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics)
- Annika Sunden, (Migration Studies Delegation)
- Moderated by Michal Myck (Centre for Economic Analysis)
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed during events, seminars and conferences are those of the authors; they do not necessarily reflect those of the FREE Network and its research institutes.